Filipino are very superstitious when it comes to death and funerals. I have already shared before the Filipino Folk Beliefs on Death and Funeral (Based on the Movie "Deds na si Lolo"). Here is another upcoming movie that tackles superstitious beliefs associated with wake. The movie is entitled PAGPAG- Siyam na Buhay topbilled by Daniel Padilla and Kathryn Bernardo. It is a story of group of friends who accidentally visited a funeral and violated the 9 Forbidden things to do during a wake. As a consequence for disrespecting these ancient beliefs, each of them will suffer a sinister death.
What are these 9 beliefs? They are the following:
1. It is forbidden to go directly home from a funeral.
2. It is forbidden to sweep floors in a wake.
3. It is forbidden for a teardrop to fall on the dead's coffin.
4. It is forbidden to use mirror in a wake.
5. It is forbidden to bring home food from the wake.
6. It is forbidden to go to a funeral with a wound.
7. It is forbidden to wipe tears from the dead's casket.
8. It is forbidden to spend money intended for the dead.
9. It is forbidden to accompany visitors to the door as they leave.
Watch the official movie trailer of PAGPAG- Siyam na Buhay.